Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fell in love with Arlington

I support a Better Mass Ave and the effort to build a safer, more vibrant community for all residents and visitors.

I ride a bike to work and errands everyday through East Arlington and train on my bike as a Professional cyclist.

I have owned a private business on Mass Ave for 9+ years and fell in love with the town when we lived above the Capitol Theater.

I'd love to see the roadway improved to accommodate cyclists and cars in a safer way with bike lanes, slower speeds and road improvements.

I'd love to see the families of Arlington able to cross the streets and ride bikes safely with their children to get to school and support the local shops on Mass Ave.

I'd love to see more people encouraged to leave their cars at home and walk or bike along the 1 mile corridor to run their errands, meet their neighbors and frequent local businesses.

I'd love to see the elderly and disabled feeling confident that they can cross Mass Ave safely and independently.

I'd love to see the 35mph speed limit obeyed by all cars on Mass Ave to create a safer, slower, more desirable place to live and to visit.

Mo Bruno Roy
Decatur Street